Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Let's Get Physical

We're slightly ahead of schedule. Sort of. Well, mostly on schedule, but you know how plans go.

Yesterday my boss and a fellow coworker helped to move 2 bookshelves. The bookshelves were empty of books and actual shelves, but they still weighed a ton. The library had moving pads to help with the haul, but there was a problem with the center structure of the shelves. Nothing good old cardboard couldn't fix. By placing cardboard under the trouble spot, they guys were able to slide the bookshelf to the smaller room. The plan was to move them today, Wednesday. Can't complain here!

We're slightly behind schedule with computer issues. This is not going to phase me. Moving computers is much easier. The Interwebs have been connected to the room. Plugging them in will not be a problem.

The hanging swans came down, posters are down, and most of the decor on the shelves are down. It's looking kind of sad in Youth Services.
On the brighter side, kids are pumped when I explain that we're going to be the coolest library in town. It doesn't hurt that we're the only library in the county ;D

My future goal is to get the teens in our library. Slowly but surely I'm getting input from them. Since I don't get an opportunity to connect with them, I'll have to find the teen hangouts and show them how cool the library is. Until school starts, I'll use my allies, our current shelvers and rock stars, to get them interested. The new area won't open until mid-September, so I've got time to plan my attack. I'll tell you more about my plan as it falls into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment