Thursday, June 12, 2014

And so it begins . . .

For the past few days I have had a handful of volunteers coming in to do a little weeding. Starting with the picturebooks because we're using the shelves, there is a system the kids are using to find, pull, and shelve the books.

Monday: I was polishing off the "plan". A coworker suggested an idea. I thought it was good until I started to do reports. 25,000 is a lot of books!!

Tuesday: while out for a run, I had an epiphany: pull the books on the list, store them on a cart, pull the books left on the shelf and box them up, and then refill the empty shelves with the books on the cart. The first 2 official volunteers showed up and helped for about an hour, or so.

Wednesday: My trusty volunteer, "A", came in early to help. She put in a super long day. I was so grateful to her for the hard work she did. She completed an entire list of 500 books!! The other volunteer came in shortly before lunch so I treated the 2 volunteers to pizza (it was an excuse for me to eat it instead of my modest can of soup).

Thursday, today: it's my day off! Well, kind of. With the responsibilities of Department Manager, I have to meet with my boss, but then I'm free. Oh, what to do?

Forecasting for Friday: The YMCA might be coming in with a group of 5-6 teen/tweens! This project is running fairly smoothly.

Next week: Physical labor! Dun  . . . dun . . . dun.

No comments:

Post a Comment