Monday, June 16, 2014

Let's Get It Started

Last week we started the process of collecting books for the move. This week we started the move . . . slowly.

A few weeks back, I pulled reports on the most popular books. We spent most of last week collecting the picture books because we're moving the shelves to the temporary Youth Services area. Towards the end of last week we finished and started working on the "EZ readers". Those were also completed by Saturday.

I couldn't have done this without the help of volunteers. Of course, bribing them didn't hurt. There's a deli a few blocks over; they sell the BEST chocolate covered almonds, peanuts, raisins, malted milk balls, and pretzels. I stocked up on those and have offered it as a boost for the team. I've also promised a pizza party for Friday of this week, since this week is going to be "Action Week". I've had about 20 volunteers show up here and there helping with the move. To make my Monday perfect, I arrived to work early to find over 100 boxes at the door. One of the volunteers, a parent of a shelver, went to pick them up at 3am! Oh happy day!

Wednesday is when we move the majority of shelving. Tuesday and Thursday a few computers will go to the Kiwanis room. Overall, I'm feeling optimistic with the way things were planned and the way things are playing out. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that we have room to store books that didn't make the cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment