Thursday, July 17, 2014

Summer Reading Program Wind-down

Our SRP is coming to an end soon. With schools in the area starting as early as August 6th, our summer program ends July 31st. Maybe kids will be able to experience a little bit of summer (I know I haven't had enough).

There are faces that I see, but don't check in for the program. I've asked them to sign up, but they've said they don't come in too often, or they left their books at home. With the end of the program right around the corner, is it considered cheating if I reward them on the day they register? They fill in their booklet with the stories they've read, either as a family or alone, so it should count, right?

Giving them a coupon for ice cream is harmless. It's a reward for the kids to keep reading. Plus, it makes me look like the cool librarian. I look both ways twice and whisper to make it super-top-secret, "don't tell anybody". It's fun being the boss ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment