Wednesday, July 30, 2014

PCPL at the Farmers' Market

After a few weeks of procrastinating, I finally set a date to attend the farmers' market in Greencastle.

The real story behind my procrastination is that there were so many other things coming up at the library. First, and foremost, the move to the temporary room, along with planning the new space. Second, summer reading program is insane! With the program ending tomorrow, so many kids have been coming in to claim their prize. Youth Services ran out of YA prizes weeks ago and third prizes for kids are gone as of today. Finally, my boss asked me to take responsibility for a new teacher card program. Really, I'm not complaining. I love my job, but it sure does keep me busy.

As I said, I put the idea of attending the market on the back-burner. But today the gal who runs the market visited PCPL. She explained her expectations while I'm there. No rowdiness from me. Dang! The farmers' market should be a good place to spread the word about a few things; the new space, of course, and my TAB! I'll have signup sheets there for the kids/parents to take home with them. It will be a unique opportunity to present a storytime for the kids. Now if I could think of a theme for the storytime . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment