Saturday, July 5, 2014

I'm a Winner: Books, Libros, Buchen

Construction hasn't started yet, but I have started to imagine the layout of the new room. With limited space, I'll have to say goodbye to the series display. Series will have to be stored in alphabetical order, just like the rest of the books. I've also begun weeding the books that don't circulate. The only books not boxed up already were non-fiction (jnf and jbio). As I went through some of these books, those that might be chucked, I noticed that one was a Newbery winner. Of course, that book must stay. I got to thinking of how our library should have an award section. I went through the "PAC" and noticed my collection lacked many Newbery and Caldecott books. The order was placed today. Next on my list for awards will be Printz (YA), Coretta Scott King, Pura Belpré, and the Mildred L. Batchelder for books. I'll also include videos and audiobooks to my award collection: I'm the cool librarian ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment