Thursday, July 3, 2014

Las Vegas Finale

Vegas (Baby!)
Yesterday was my first day back to work in over a week. It was great to be there. It was also the first day of "Teen Brick Club" a spinoff of a club that my assistant started for kids using building "bricks". For legal purposes we're not supposed to use the "L" word, I guess.

I almost forgot about it, until a teen reminded me about it. Oops! Quickly, I went to the other room and pulled out the bricks. I piled them on the floor. When most of the teens showed up I let them have at it. The theme was . . . Vegas, baby!

One of the shelvers, who came for the event, grabbed snacks for the group while another put music on. I told them they could take as long as they wanted. Since the shelver has helped out with the kids' brick club, she knew the protocol. The finished pieces were given titles and put on display for the week. In the end 9 kids made 7 projects in 2 hours with clean-up! Hopefully other teens will come into the library and see these masterpieces.

And, because the teens have such great talents, I will now require a little more information regarding their work. All great artists works have blurbs at museums and such, these works are no exception. Take a look!
Katy Perry Book Cover

The World's Deadliest Restaurant (complete with a shark tank (not pictured))

The Nom Cafe

The Lebowski Bowling Alley

The Lebowski Bowling Alley

Home

Home

Home

No comments:

Post a Comment