Monday, September 29, 2014

Little Pink Offices

John "Cougar" Mellencamp is from Indiana, Seymour, Indiana to be exact, roughly 100 miles from Greencastle. If you're not familiar with his work, he wrote a song called  Little Pink Houses. I hope you know where I'm going next.

As you might know, there were painting issues in the IP. What started out as a yellow area is now going to be a gray area. "We are not amused." Well, I don't mind it on the walls in the IP, I just don't find a gray office without windows to be very appealing, especially with fluorescent lighting. I might end up like Joe, with a brain cloud (Joe Versus the Volcano). But, since my boss is pretty cool, he said we could select an alternate color.

Ta da! Our office is pink. There's no carpet in it right now, but there will be at some point this week. (It's the same as the IP, green patterned swatches mixed with gray patterned swatches. Green and gray meet on most swatches to help bridge the patterns.) Finding a color that works with both gray and green was a bit tricky. A light blue wouldn't work, and neither would lavender. Pink would give the room a watermelon feel, kind of like summer all year round. Again, without windows and horrid lighting, it needed a bright, soft touch to it.

Many of the painters give me a hard time about it. But I remind them that I'll almost always match with it. Besides, it will give me an excuse to wear my favorite pink shoes with any outfit. 

Moral of the story: "ain't that America/For you and me/Ain't that America/Something to see, baby"

No comments:

Post a Comment