Friday, November 14, 2014

Dad Stories

I went into work yesterday to find the nature table filled with pelts (rabbit and beaver) and deer hides along with antlers. Finally, I wasn't repulsed by the nature table. (Remember the bugs and butterflies??)

Towards the end of the day, a little girl asked lots of questions about the furs. Thanks to my dad, I knew a whole lot about the objects on the table. For example, did you know that animals will eat fallen antlers for calcium? One of the sets of antlers had visible marks on it from rodents' teeth. My explanation included how we drink milk for strong bones and animals will eat antlers for the same reason. The young girl's father was impressed with my knowledge of this world . . .

And then he asked me out and gave me his number! Like, OMG!

First, I've heard that this happens all the time, so I shouldn't be flattered. Good thing I'm not; however, I've been at PCPL for 6 months and this was the first time it's happened. Perhaps I have a good hiding spot in the basement. Second, I'm not looking for a boyfriend. Sure, the holidays are around the corner, and I don't have plans with a special guy, but I'm okay spending Thanksgiving day with 2 guys . . . 2 Jacks . . . Jack Daniels and Jack's Frozen Pizza. (Okay, that's mostly a joke. I don't care too much for whiskey.)

Moral of the Story: Invest in a knock-out ring!! My dad will give me great advice, but not protect me from guys while I'm at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment