Monday, November 17, 2014

ILF Conference Pre-Game

Note to self: Don't pretend to know Indy when you live in Greencastle. Especially since you've only just hit the six-month mark. You are not a Hoosier.

Like any "newb" in town, I thought Marriott was the Marriott and got dropped off at the J. W. Marriott, almost 10 miles from the Marriott East! It's a good thing I have a great friend to come back to take me to the right establishment.

I'm very excited about the conference. Earlier this morning, I picked up my poster. It looks gorgeous, btw. I decided against having hand-outs because I'm both cheap and green. I know that I never look at hand-outs when I get home. They will be tossed and/or forgotten about the minute librarians leave my table.

Did I mention that my library will be featured at the conference? I can't wait to walk to the table and see my library.

Last Friday, the design team had professional photographers come to the IP. You may know that I modeled for a bus ad for my school, so naturally, I was a pro for this event. I also had some of my TAB kids there to be models. Most of them had a great time. The shoot lasted about 2 hours, but some kids ended up leaving before the final shots; however, there was a young girl who walked in with her mom within the last 10 minutes of the shoot. I asked if they wanted to participate. The young girl was very excited to be a model, after all, she had just gone to the dentist and has a sparkling smile. (It really did glisten.)  Some scenes were fabricated, but the girl with the glistening smile was on cue. She played with a stuffed animal pretending it was a puppet and really put on a show for the other models in beanbag chairs. I could hear her soft barks from across the room. The design gal and I were laughing so hard we had tears in our eyes. It's one of the best perks of my job (children's imaginations, not the photo shoot).

Moral of the story: Library conferences are a blast, especially when you and your library are featured, especially when you love your job. #GreencastleFamous #ImaModelAgain #RightSaidFred



No comments:

Post a Comment