Friday, August 1, 2014

1st Annual Water Balloon* Fight

BYOB (Bring Your Own Balloons) for this event! We supplied kiddos with sponges and buckets of water; they brought balloons, "water launching devices" (we don't use the "g" word), and gallons of water.

This event was sparked by my TAB. In the first month or so, I put up a whiteboard for the teens to comment on what they wanted to do. When I saw "water balloon fight", I was all about it. I advertized in the library, and kids helped to make signs. The event was open to all kids and teens.

As a group we came up with games to play; dodge sponge, "sprinkle, sprinkle, splash" (a water spinoff of duck, duck, goose) and freeze tag. Two teams formed for dodge sponge. The kids had a blast. Unfortunately we ran out of water and couldn't play freeze tag. I don't think the kids cared. How could they? They were excited to be pouring water on everyone. After sprinkle, sprinkle, splash the kids got into a full-on water fight. Water, water, everywhere!

Did I mention a newspaper photographer showed up? He spent the better part of our event snapping pictures. Here's a link to a great shot he took. http://www.bannergraphic.com/story/2105876.html The kids did a great job of respecting him and did not get him wet. Sorry parents' safe zone, you know how kids are ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment