Saturday, December 6, 2014

Maniacal Mollie

Note to self: Don't move to a new place that's not ready. Especially while your job requires more moving.

It's been a few weeks since I posted anything. And that's because I've gone off the deep end. With moving to Indiana (into a 3br), moving YS to a temporary location, moving to a newly built unit (1br), moving YS back to its permanent location, and moving out of the new unit to an old fraternity house, I've had to deal with a lot of stress. My thoughts are running all over the place. It's hard to focus on one issue at a time. I compare it to the Tasmanian Devil running loose in my head.

I think things are finally starting to simmer down. My much needed vacation is just a few days away and I'll be able to relax with family and friends.

Don't get me wrong, I love my job. I go home at the end of they day with a feeling of accomplishment. The other day a teen said to me that PCPL was his home away from home. Super win!!

I have started some of the programs I had envisioned when I first started. Yes, there is a learning curve, but overall it's a huge success. Families are coming in and making food together. I'm going to present at the ALA Mid-Winter Conference at the end of January and talk about how our programming area works. (A coworker helped to film the last event.)

Moral of the Story: Be careful what you wish for? I wanted an adventure, and I got one. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment